Let’s focus on career growth and discuss the unique field of film production. We’ll discuss the highlights and challenges of being in this industry and give you advice on how you can add special flair to your Halloween celebrations.
About our guest:
Our guest is a young career woman who’s gained significant experience in the film production industry. Lesleigh-Ann Eksteen graduated from AFDA in 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Motion Picture Medium, specialising in Art Direction. After graduating, she joined the City of Cape Town and used her specialisation on their Bridgetown initiative for disadvantaged youth.
Lesleigh-Ann worked with the SA Film Academy and many major production companies, including Moonlighting Film Production Services, Warner Brothers Entertainment, and Blue Ice Pictures. She’s managed many areas on set including costume design, special effects make-up, hair styling, and prosthetics. When she’s not working, you’ll find Lesleigh-Ann going for drives in nature, taking walks on the beach, and catching up with close friends and family.
Questions that we discuss during our interview:
- Where did your interest in motion picture medium start?
- What lead to your transition from film production and special effects to editing?
- What was it like working on multiple film and television production sets?
- What were the highlights
- What were the challenges?
- What’s your favourite film production experience or project that you’ve worked on?
- What did you love about it?
- What advice do you have for anyone who’s interested in film production and special effects as a career?
- What are your top special effect tips for anyone who wants to go all out with Halloween costumes and decor?
You need a professional coach to support and guide you toward success.
You need a partner that can help you to build and reach your goals.
Click here or email us to discover how our coaching services can help you.
Listen to more episodes on our podcast playlist.