There have been so many changes that have happened globally over the past year and these changes have taken a toll on so many of us. We’ve had to adapt, re-adapt, take on more, and learn to cope as best as we can. Now more than ever it’s important to discuss mental health and wellness and understand how we can cope with ever-changing circumstances that impact our personal growth.
About our guest:
Dr Angela L Harris joins us as our guest to share her wisdom and insights on this very important topic. Dr Harris, who’s also known as “Doc Sirrah” on social media, hails from North Carolina in the US. She’s an expert in mental health and wellness and an active advocate for it. Through her work, she aims to highlight the intersections of mental health, faith, and spirituality. She has her Doctorate in Psychology and over 15 years of experience working in higher education. She spent four years as a full-time therapist in a high-paced counselling centre at a public state university and is currently an Assistant Dean at a private liberal arts college.
Some of the questions that Dr Harris addresses during our interview:
- What exactly is mental health, and what is mental illness?
- There’s been a stigma around mental illness for a long time. Why is this the case?
- What are some of the truths and individual experiences around mental illness?
- How have recent changes (e.g. the global pandemic) affected mental health in general?
- What are some of the other day-to-day factors that affect our mental health?
- What are some of the obvious signs that tell us that we need to take better care of our mental health?
- What can we do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to take better care of our mental health?
You need a professional coach to support and guide you toward success. You need a partner that can help you to build and reach your goals. Click here or email us to discover how our coaching services can help you.
Listen to more episodes on our podcast playlist.