When we work on our career paths and plan on how we’ll get to the next level, we often focus on the knowledge and skills that we need to accumulate. While these are very important areas for career growth, another part of it is the professional image that we present as we pursue this growth. It’s long been said that “first impressions last” and this expression is especially true when it comes to pursuing opportunities in the professional business environment.
About our guest
Sethu Mehana joins us as our guest to discuss this important topic. Sethu is the Founder and Chief Fabulosity Officer of a proudly South African cosmetic brand, Nubian Cosmetics, where she specialises in teaching Generation X’s the basics of make-up. She’s a qualified make-up artist who discovered her passion for cosmetics back in 2012 while she worked in the corporate world as a Marketer.
She uses both her personal brand and her business brand to empower, celebrate and inspire women to show up as their most authentic selves, with a touch of glam. She originally hails from East London, South Africa and is currently based in Johannesburg. Other interesting facts about Sethu is that:
- she’s a stylish mom to her gorgeous young son, Salz
- she loves exploring the outdoors, and
- she lives life to the fullest. In fact, her motto is “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die tomorrow.”
Questions that we discuss during our interview:
- Tell us about your journey to becoming the Founder and Chief Fabulosity Officer of Nubian Cosmetics
- What does it mean to you to present a professional image?
- What’s been the impact for your clients once you’ve boosted their professional image?
- What do you find is the general expectation of a professional image across businesses?
- If someone’s hoping to take their professional image to the next level, what advice do you have for them?
You need a professional coach to support and guide you toward success. You need a partner that can help you to build and reach your goals. Click here or email us to discover how our coaching services can help you.
Listen to more episodes on our podcast playlist.